Monday, February 12, 2007

Using Ruby on Rails for Web Development on Mac OS X

Using Ruby on Rails for Web Development on Mac OS X I'm always looking for a new language to check out.
I also wanted a language that better integrates a database ( or some kind of shared information store ) and webpages. I was sitting in my office when I heard the Head of Department singing the praises of Ruby on rails saying how quickly you can make interative sites with it. It was a day of meetings today so I only had a chance to scope out the language when I got home. Firstly it is preinstalled on the latest version of the mac OS ( good sign ). It’s the kind of language lisp would have been if someone had defined a reasonable interface for it (closures but generally objects + methods ). I did like the way you can add new methods to pre-existing classes ( loved it in objective C too).

So I might play with it on my work mac when I need to get something webby working on the Mac @ work.

No comments: