Monday, April 16, 2007

Software engineering - whats on my ipod?

I was checking out this website Geoff Mullery is giving a talk in May. Scans very intreasting I normally have problems with software Engineering - it generally isn't and is normally the cover for anti-engineering ( ie either craft or excessive formalisium ). I wonder how many people I have insulted in that line. For example if you ask an Engineer how long it will take to cut through this hill then generally you can get a reasonable result. This dispite the fact that strange stuff might lurk in the hill you want to cut trough. Ask a programmer and your getting guesses and ambitions, craft not engineering. Anyway rant against software engineering over.

This Mullery guy looks to have had some wonderful failures under his belt. I'm definitly putting this on my Ipod to listen to.

No comments: