Sunday, September 2, 2007

Intreasting software failure

Odd thought. I'm looking for an algorithum which will do a convex hull algorithum on a set of data points I wanted to create in my data set. I've done a search with google and found a few very hevery weight system and a few examples. what is intreasting is I cannot use any of them. I have code already and this is strutured in a particular way. This makes deriving my code from one of the hevey weight systems difficult or impossible. You know they will have some complex build process and lots of 'utility' class that will have to be loaded up not to mention the inheritance problem. the smaller examples are just rough code outlines sutible for examples but not final versions.

So my quest to use a previously written package is thrwated.

I guess the only thing to do is to create something which works as a component and can be added simply to something else - an intreasting exersise if I have time.

No comments: