Monday, March 2, 2009

Meeting wall - an experiment

I'm looking at this interface and thinking well I like the video conferencing bit face to face meeting bit. I saw the augmented meeting stuff at an old door of perception conference and liked it there too. The best part is you augment your conversation with digital screen stuff - you can both write.

I realised I could simulate the video conference by using the silvered observation window in the big lab. I wonder what would happen if you did a wizard of oz study projecting a touch interface on top of the window (pretending to video conference). Assumes some window capable touch screen i guess - or an IR pen ( can I see IR through the window?).

Perhaps I need to put IR laser on a spinning motor or something.

Mean while you could also do the grab the screen by pointing on an iphone using some kind of barcode stuff. Possible to encode info in pixel values that can be read by a digital camera ? Perhaps you have lots of IR barcodes on screen to identify it then share the info.


<a href="http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-GB&playlist=videoByUuids:uuids:5bea2f16-b173-41ee-ba2e-5ab3484b4cbb&showPlaylist=true&from=shared" target="_new" title="Manufacturing Future Vision">Video: Manufacturing Future Vision</a>

No comments: