Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Lonley

I'm quite Lonley at the moment. When I meet with Jeff he treats me like an RA which is a amusing inversion of what should be happening, he's never done a single thing that didn't suit him or done it when he wanted. Basically I'm on my own down here I'm putting up with it.

With Huge (now head of department) gone upstairs and Anthony off in the Deanary so it's is really quite. I've taken to playing music without headphones on Fridays ( not wanting standards to slip to much or the meeting room to be effected).

There was a fire alarm yesterday and I was thinking of inviting the evacuees from the department for a coffee. One interesting discussion come up.

Basically it appears that people have decided that the building is a library and we should treat it like such. My opinion is that we should teat the place like an office - conversation is permitted even encouraged and you can retreat to a meeting micro-room if things get too disturbing. I was told in no uncertain terms that "the micro-rooms are too stuffy to work in". One problem with the building as library thesis ( which is the only other office plan academics have experienced) is what happens when someone phones up? How does a phone call work in the context of the vow of silence.

I even logged into second life and there is no one there either ( on the OU world).

I can see why most people work from home.

I'm working on the iPhone experiment - I have some nice ideas about how to test it out. I'm thinking of releasing the game on the Itunes store and getting the data emailed back. I guess this must have been done before but I wonder what the search words would be.

No comments: