Monday, April 11, 2011

Yvonne Rogers to leave OU and move to interaction group at UCL

Well it's official and I'm slightly well numb.

Prof Yvonne Rogers is off to run the interaction group at UCL leaving the space for a new Professor of Interaction for pervasive computing here. Naturally I'm from UCL originally and I'm very excited for her, she's a top class userati person ( http://www.usabilityviews.com/userati_name.html  ) and she will be going to what is arguably one of the top research places in the UK/World so I can't think of a better mix.

I think this is great for Yvonne and I'm really please for her.

For me I'm not sure - I've been left with a lot of stuff to play with and a nice space to do it in. I'll be continuing the blog, we have a new Pervasive professor joining this year and I'm told a replacement for Yvonne at some point within the next 12 months.

Mean while I'll take some time to absorb it and reflect on my current research agenda.

No comments: