Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Power dive a new beginnings

In the final power dive before Chi 2012 submission, One paper down and three more to go.  Plus architecture workshop proposal and neurodiversity Alt.chi submission ( which is later ).

Just restarted the cloud - I think there was a power failure or something. So some data gone - but there is few people around to notice still irritating.

Talked to Gerd Kortuem ( www.kortuem.com ) the new pervasive professor - not an Yvonne replacement ( that will be someone else ) was supposed to work in parallel .Nice bloke and I think we got on well.

 He told me they have a system at Lancaster which might let me return the ambient displays experiment again for more data.  I think we have enough of an overlap to do something. He is interested in  visualisations, hospitals and work flow ( in hospitals ) which is handy.


Invited to a multi-touch do at Oxford ( by Eva I suspect)  and invited to review a journal paper ( by Jeff I suspect ).

The punch bag kids seem to be going well.

for the record amazon associates still doesn't work

So back to paper #2.


No comments: