Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Accurate eye center localisation for low-cost eye tracking - YouTube

Accurate eye center localisation for low-cost eye tracking - YouTube


My guess is someone is going egienfaces for eyes. I'm still not sure what you would use this for if you had the use of your hands. I'm sure Steven Hawkin could get some use out of something like this. I know there is some use in Affective Tech - understanding people's emotions for this perhaps.

I'm not sure about having it as a new modality. Perhaps dialog boxes which disappear when you have read them. Autoscrolling on reading.  Adding Lip reading to voice recognition to improve accuracy.

But this would have to be balanced having a machine which 'knew' when you were working ( good for Yahoo home workers!) and having the security problems when used in an office. People get funny in offices with cameras.

No comments: