Tuesday, January 23, 2007

diamondspin found!




I've wasted a lot of time trying to get Jbuilder and CVS to work together. Even http://www.tortoisecvs.org/ failed it can only handle a CVROOT on the same machine not as a remote drive. I'm guessing but I think the OU don't have a Pserver or a Kserver... although I could be wrong. I don't know enough about the servers to know what kind of unix boxes they have yet I could SSH to. I need to go and talk to more people. Still all very fustrating.

From the mac I CVS checkedout the source code to the zoom family tree stuff and then began to find my way though all the code. All very fustrating, the code that exists to run the diamond touch stuff never came up on my google searchs. Paul had some examples which ran in Java ( harray), and I was trying to figure out how to use them. Over lunch ( was is positivisum) mention was made of a diamond touch subsystem. After stuggleing with 3( count them ) diffrent java IDE's I eventually found something i could maniuplate. A little low level but hay that's cool. Y&P and the new woman Eva left for high tea while I hacked into the code which began to work!

I then got the pure zoomView to work and now just need to use the background thread feature of zoomView to pick up the touch and box events I have a couple of days doing PHD stuff but hope to have something primative on friday.

when i got home Yvonne emailed me a very excellent link to the diamondSpin people. Diamond spin hopefully if enough people linkt to it then it will appear in Google.

I think it might be possible to hack the diamond hardware and project up from a projector to some gound glass this would remove the hand shadow problem.

No comments: