Friday, March 16, 2007

Multiple mice (part1)

I have been checking out.

http://icculus.org/manymouse/

or

http://jusb.sourceforge.net/?selected=about if you have a Linux box. This allows multiple keybords to.

I always liked the notion of the open meeting tool - a way where groups could have conversations but not have to take turns to speak. There would be a large screen on the wall and the chairman would ask for opinions like should we do this or do that. People could speak but others could annotate with their typed opinions - these could be ether named or anonymous. Could be done if you could collect the input from many keyboards.

I've sat in meetings where something has come up and some senior person says 'that reminds me of the the time...' (ok case of pot calling the kettle black here but bear with me). This tends to move the conversation along making it impossible for people to go back and readdress the question.
Meanwhile some underling has important information 'I know this is possible this has been done already by our competitors' or has some alternative suggestion but is too nice but to speak up.

more random thoughts next week.

sheep

No comments: