Friday, May 11, 2007

Java Advanced Imaging: Class PerspectiveTransform

Java Advanced Imaging: Class PerspectiveTransform
I was working on try to package up the touch table this morning and found that DT uses this class. I guess they use it to trasnslate to and from the screen space. This is quite cleaver this is a wonderful way to handle mapping a simple direct X,Y coorindate grid into the screen. Works out quite well when using the video projector with some underlying access mechanisum.

for example I was thinking of having a camera track some markers and then project onto this envrionment. The question would be how to handle possible distortion from not vertical projector/camera coords. Solution now is simple use tje perspectivetrasnfrom to do the translatino for you and use the converto/from methods. I will have to think up some cool uses for this.

Still I should be thinking about getting the talk done for the conferance next week.

No comments: