Tuesday, May 15, 2007

WINNER 4G

I'm at a conferance at the moment (CNSR) quite intreasting. I am currently in a Keynote about a system called WINNER a 4G system. The talk is about adaptive shareing the frequency response for each transmittor. So we have different transmitters shareing spectrum of frequencies but the signal can be effected at different frequencies. So adapt by sending test signals ( pilots ) and then alter data transmitted to send more information in the parts of frequency that have stronger singnals.

my idea would be would the outputs of the pilots give a sense of the environment you are in ? Might the software make the available to give a sense of where the transmitter is ?

I like idea of picking up this spare information and using it to help identify the location/orientation of the device ( and so the user).

After the talk I spoke to the guy and hay they had considerd it(groovey).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm the guy which forgot to provide you with the connected people database!. Anyways, I still have the DB, if is of any need.

--Reza(r.zafarani@unb.ca)