Friday, November 2, 2007

Smart Cycle Physical Learning Arcade System - Fisher Price Learning Toys

Smart Cycle Physical Learning Arcade System - Fisher Price Learning Toys

I When I bounght my Bompton bike ( 10 years + ago ) I spoke to the guy in the shop wondering if this (near chirstmas) was a very busy time of year for him. He said it used to be now parents prefer to give something which means the child is not potentially on the street ( near cars). Since then I've known a number of parents who would much prefer to buy a playstation (so they know where the kids are) to a bike. I mean I never had a 'play date' when I was a kid, again this is about maintaining absolute knowledge of ones child in relation to road traffic and potential kidnapping.

I think we generally have the view the wrong way round, we think kids have been seduced by video games to lead more passive lives in their bed rooms. Conversly, I think parents wanted to keep their kids safer (in their bed rooms) and used the carrot of the video game to get this done.

The smartCycle is an interesting blend of everything I like and don't like. I quite like the idea of a bike interface to a machine but then I hate needlessly educational devices.

parental rant over.

No comments: