Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Conversations

Spoke this morning to Nadia - she had brought in a large old laptop to use as part of the experiment (hurray). Nadia's phd is turning out to have a partial spatial bend. I promised to send reference to Ruth's Museum paper to her. She promised to send me some other augmented spaces.

Jeff has moved on to working on getting a version of my idea tree/concept mapping table - but this time done without the physics and in smalltalk (the way it should be:-)).  I mentioned how I wanted to make the items bigger if they were more integrated. We discussed how to get some research out of this. I suggested doing a comparison of physics version against more traditional interface. Debate still goes on. Lets see how this leads. 

Mean while spoke to Paul, he has an intrest in doing a research proposal based on space, ubicomp in schools ( new school building budget is big he tells me) to be honest I'm on for it. I like the idea of building a class room in the new big lab. Thought of the research Erica is doing, fortunately now over lap as yet, but I would like to invite her up to give a talk.

Did some research on persuasive technologies. 

No comments: