Friday, November 20, 2009

What a day.

OK I got in this morning ( after getting rained on via the way in) - no problem.

I was trying to sort out the wireing on the board when I manage to blow one of the H-bridges on the board - opps. Ian then comes over and tries to figure out the wiring electrically. and in the process manages to zap the board and over the course of the day 4 more h-bridges start smoking.

I get panicked by this and start pulling together plan b. This as 2 parts
part one get 4 motor stepper shield [ here or here ] or [ here for two ] the down side is it looks like you can't by then prebuilt (boo).
The second part is to balance one ball (orange) against another ( blue), this means we can run 2 balls from one motor meaning 12 motors in all or 2 per row, so I just need 3 separate arduinios with 3 separate power supplies.

Plan C involves replacing the balls with lighter ones.

So by the end of the day Ian managed to get the up cut off switches working. I'm hoping to do a software fix to make the right ones work. The problem is I can't work on it on Monday/Tuesday.

Over lunch we talked about forgetting the whole thing. I pointed out we have made the vidieo already.

Tried, but while I was working on the cloud someone came in who wanted to use the cloud in a photo shoot about signing a memorandum of understanding. Life is too weird.

No comments: