Friday, May 21, 2010

Paper computing

I'm working on a paper tangible at the moment but I had to mention this link to a conference of paper computing. File under where will it all end.

To be honest I do think we should be thinking more strongly about paper. Making any user interface as good as paper is very difficult, and people are very adept a adapting paper to do different things. For example I would like a paper diary - paper boots up very  quickly and the battery life is terrific. But 90% of my diary is read access ( I don't control the family diary ) so digital sharing is important.   My note book is paper as is my lab book. Perhaps with the iPad things might change but then I still need a pen on the ipad to be able to draw ( current ones are very fat to draw with)

If would could merge to the computer and paper in a transparent way that would be very good.

No comments: