Thursday, September 30, 2010

Searching for funding for teaching research.

I've been looking for a small fund to pay to pilot a small teaching centered research project. It's harder than I thought.

It looks like both Joint Information Systems Commiteee (JISC) and the higher education academy only fund what they ask for. It's interesting how funding bodies have changed over the years. The EPSRC have a open mode when you can apply any time any where.  Clearly JISC/HEA decided to try and 'control' research by coming up with what they want promote and only funding that. Its one of those short term gains long term failure things.

Spoke to Information & Computer Sciences Higher education academy centre in Ulster. They told me they are getting shut down due to government cuts and have stopped doing things until they hear if they survive the cull. They moved the entire funding cycle up to spend the money before it got taken away from them.

They told me that there isn't really another body to apply to.

My life is all set backs at the moment.

I guess I have to wait until I see thing go by o nthe JISC conveyer belt.

No comments: