Monday, November 15, 2010

Robots and the BBC

One of my favourite MPhil students sent me this link after my post about Robot Skype. Very nice and just in time for XMas.

Good day so far. Submitted a grant application, then had a nice meeting with the Team from Bang! ( on BBC 1 ).  It sounds more cool than it was ( there were representatives from all the science departments there). I did bring a few of the BBC team and did an impromptu tour of the labs and they where very fascinated by the results.

Did I give out my business cards ? Yes
Did you come over as a typical shy nerd - Well I tried.
Did I take names ? No
Am I going to follow this up ? - OK well no.
Am I useless as self publicity ? - yeah
Are academics expected to show real world outcomes of their research as part of their funding: yep

Still I need to get back to rebutting CHI paper and that is the bottom line.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Article

Anonymous said...

I really liked your article.