Thursday, June 14, 2012

If I was doing a GPS for dementia system

I would develop a thing which had the form factor of a walking stick not a walkman.




 This way the person with dementia would not have to remember it, they would need it to leave the building.


A walking stick is not a large badge saying 'I'm useless or mug me I'm frail'


The recharger would be the umbrella stand - so you don't have to remember to recharge and you get a signal when someone is at home.


It would have a 'I'm lost' button and it would vibrate when pointing the way home.


It would have a 'HELP'/Alarm button to set off in case to call panic


It would use GPS ring fence to warn careers if the person was outside a 'known' area.


You could give it to someone pre-demientia so you could get used to it as 'familiar' before they lost time.


It might have a 'twist' switch which would switch off GPS tracking for privacy.


The display would show a fuzzy boundary showing the certainty of the fix.

No comments: