Tuesday, June 26, 2012

User testing on demand finally arrives.

The commoditisation of user testing is finally here.

I've been expecting user testing as a service for a while. By which I mean user testing on line and on demand ( demand by the programmer)

UserTesting.com - Low Cost Usability Testing

As a developer I would have loved something like this.

The idea of users on tap makes and given you can set up tasked for them to do means  you could do this as part of the agile development process - build a part and get it user tested. Then move on.

The people on the demos sound all very familiar with speak aloud so your going to get something between a real user test and heuristic evaluation, which is OK. These people spend all day testing stuff so I guess your going to get high end users who know a lot about other web sites. But hay this is quite cool and the loss of fuss and bother is good. It sounds like Americans so I like the notion of finishing something and getting it tested 'overnight' with examples next morning.

They do websites - a guess I like the same thing for iPhone apps.

file under cool and useful.

No comments: