Thursday, June 6, 2013

Startup Embassy Silicon Valley.




Silicon Valley the high-tech start up capital of the world - but it doesn't look any different from any other US suburb. Its the people who make Silicon Valley and if you really want to 'stay in Silicon Valley' you have to meet the dreamers who drive it. 
No one understands the needs of a startup like Jordi. There are other incubators around the world but here you get more than a bunk, a desk and a fire hose of bandwidth. Here you get to meet other mostly young male entrepreneurs, you get to talk to people who have a vision and a desire to change the world. I found the young slightly geeky super intelligent , cosmopoliton crowd that live there a stimulating and welcoming. 
I love Jordi's overall vision of a place you can stay for extended periods while people get stuff built and mostly learn more about the whole startup process it self. I could only stop for two days but if I had to do a startup I would move base there for a few months. You can't study and MBA on how to be an entrepreneur, but you can live it and you can live it  at the Startup Embassy. I only had a couple of days there but immediately pick up on the friendly relaxed slightly college dormy feel. I had some fascinating conversations with the other guests on everything from Bitcoins to private space ventures. 

I can't imagine a better way to stay in Silicon valley the real Silicon valley. 

ps my bed top one on the right. 

No comments: