Monday, February 1, 2010

Idea of the day


I was just putting the lambs to bed when I had an idea of something to do with a Wii controller. I found a way to hack into them but I wanted to think of some kind of creative thing you could do with them.

I wondered if it would be nice to get the wii controller to become a puppet interface. The position of the vertical controller controls the head and the position of the nun-chunk ( the other bit) becomes the controller of the arm - you end up with a muppet ( one controls the head and one arm ).

Using come body dynamics ( attach the body to the head and let it follow the head and arm ) via a physics simulation you could build a simple interface.

Perhaps this could be an interface which lets you record and play back so you can control many characters or perhaps you could have an interface where you are connecting to other people over the internet and you have a kind of strange Skype theatre.

No comments: