Wednesday, April 22, 2009

continuing...

R is here and things are running along nicely with the floor. We are becoming Aurdiono central at the moment. Incidentally Aurduino have updated there stuff with a new bigger board and a faster CPU. Tinkerit are now selling an ethernet connection and someone has done a DHCP for the ethernet sheild

I've been bogged down with exam writing, Msc projects which look completely brain dead and a Phd first year viva. So not much help there. Hopefully Paul and I will have time to write up atrium study for next Thursday ( I think).

Simon has disappeared midst rumours of he getting a huge influx of assistance and full time PHD students. I didn't see much of him at Chi - He seemed to ignore the sessions completely.

Looking back for me Chi2009 was very reassuring. There is a 80% rejection rate but the stuff that gets in isn't that good. Or as one paper put it the chances of getting best paper were no different from randomness. Ended up with Tom R and Yvonne and Steve B playing if HCI person was a rock-star which rock-star would they be (seemed funny at the time). What else well I found CHI very friendly and I bumped into so many people I knew it was great. I really really want to put a paper in for next year.




No comments: