Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Back to work - surface is coming

Being with Paul is so inspiring at times.

I've got a fairly bad day today finishing a student exercise. This is the first draft so I am going to write this, send it out then have a meeting then rewrite it, end it out then have a meeting rewrite this, send it out then have a meeting, have a meeting then send it out again. Given the acreage of corrections its hard to get started and more importantly its hard to want to do it well given that everyone feels obliged to correct what is there anyway so no matter how well you do something you will still have to re-do it.

Still its a small price to pay for the chance to do some interesting research.

Back to Paul. What I like is while the last experiment is a blast he is so encouraging to go out and do something . I mentioned a couple of things - one about place and another about text based adventures that he was positive about. Just the kind of lift I need at the moment.

The other big news is that the Microsoft surface is ordered. I'm wondering if it would fit well in the office behind me. A good chance for me to go out and get a book on #C.

Computer languages I love that experience of catching the next language. It comes every 5 years and somehow reminds me of the Olympics.
This new one Field sounds cool I like the notion of inbuilt editors. From Paul looking at some Ballet dancers research. I would like to play with the python syntax to. Lets see if I can do multi touch with it. This or Scratch I can't decide.

No comments: