Friday, October 2, 2009

Visit from the Vice chancellor and a little bird




I came in this morning thinking that it would be quite, quiet. I normally have the ground floor of the JLB2 to my self and I've taken to unplugging my headphones and listening to music via the speakers since there is no one else around to bother and I don't get sweaty ears.

You can imagine my surprise when I found not one but three people around, even Jeff turned up later. It only took me a second to realise that the VC was coming in for 10 minuets at 12:45. and this ment a higher then normal turn out.

It was during this time a bird flew on to my desk. I no not from were. Quite odd. It was so tired I managed to pick it up and carry it outside ( picture proof above).


Martin Bean comes over as nice enthusiastic person I quite like him. Not many people turned up to see our illustrious leader of the OU. So I think the VC must have gone off thinking that the computing department must be only 20+ people strong and very productive for it. To be honest most of the people present were the admin staff so I guess the VC thinks we must be leading the world with such a high proportion of female computing lectures.

I spent the afternoon testing my new IPhone app. It takes about 30 mins to do the touch swiping test. I did it once using the simulator and the mouse and once using the touch pad.

I've also requested a meeting about the cloud on Monday.

Yvonne is currently in Disney land at Ubicomp conference.

Looks like I will be second supervising G. I must meet up with this industrial sponsor which might want to come in as an industrialist on the signage project.

No comments: