Tuesday, February 17, 2009

More on cursed research and a new direction.

The projector bulb arrived but I noticed that the building was empty - its half term and the building looks very quite. 

I've contacted someone to help with another building and will look at library again. 

chatting with Paul he felt there was a good research grant looking at how buildings and ambient displays interact and this could be a good line of research for a proposal. This would make a good research arc for me. Worth putting a proposal in ( need a couple of pilot papers first). 

Meanwhile had an interesting idea about measuring subtended angle - the more directly facing a display is the more likely you are to see it.. can we measure this does it say much. Could combine with complexity of interface. 

Also had idea on bus about mapping fits law on screens - what will this look like?

2 comments:

Lynn Marentette said...

Hi.

I came across your blog to day and will follow it when I can. I see we share similar interests.
Two of my blogs that you might like:
Interactive Multimedia Technology
Technology-Supported Human-World Interaction

N.S.C Dalton said...

Thanks very interesting.