Friday, January 25, 2008

Odd idea about open plan offices

I was chatting with Nadia and mentioned I'm the kind of person who can sit in the lab space with head phones and work (first academic still I ever gained). 

I mentioned I do have to work to vocalless music when writing. I think its hard for me to process speach and make it at the same time (how to translators work?). 

The Naida and a woman in the room she shares both said music was not good but quite speach was good ( not whispering perhaps more like a party conversation ). I suggested this could go on a very long loop. 

Nadia suggested white noise and I thought about the sea shore sounds. 

Makes you wonder if you could do some quick research on effects of different head phone sounds when concentrating on a task ( something like writing).  I suspect diffrent people would be capable to zone out with diffrent sounds. 

No comments: