Wednesday, January 9, 2008

pod casting and other things

Yesterday I managed to do my talk at UEL which means I have some people who have done half of the podcasting experiment! 

Worrying meeting with Yvonne looking at what I would say I would do and what I have done (ekk!). 

Meanwhile had interesting conversation with Paul about the flat microphone. I told him I was interested in recording a meeting and using the diagram being made ( or animation there of) as the index into the audio recording. So moving forwards and backwards in time provided the index to the audio in combination with the this is interesting button. 

I also mentioned ( again ) doing interface to the finger drawing program to display the undo que. So if you undo back to a point in time and start drawing again you get a new branch (like a fork) in the display. A new document is just undoing everything, making the root a bush. 
I'm not so sure how to measure what this is doing.... 

On the way home had an interesting idear for a mobile phone. Have a wrist watch with a ring attached ( via small cable ), then if phone rings you just lift you finger to your ear and your wrist to you mouth ( or near to). Use rotating disk on outside of phone to select addresses. Might make picture to show at some point.


No comments: